Week of 4/6 for Sarah Pelosi

Goals for the week:

• Coordinate mid-project presentation
  • Complete implementation of the VGA display including rotation
  • Begin working on top interface

Progress:

• The BRAM and VGA display code are functioning to display both the original pattern (for now we are working with a 16×16 grid) and the rotated pattern. I am still working on the final display which will include a grid around the pattern correctly sized after the change in pixel size orientation (1280 vs. 720).
  • I did research into playing multiple tones on the same speaker using some pulse width modulation.

Current challenges:

•  The major current challenge is figuring out how to multiplex the speakers well enough to play two or more tones on a speaker at the same time. There is some guidelines, especially on Arduinos, but there is not a lot of documentation, and I have yet to test any of it.

Plans for next week:

• Complete implementation of all the VGA display including the frame and sizing.
  • Setting up the top interface which will control when the VGA is displaying the original pattern, the rotated pattern, and when the music will begin playing.
  • Begin integration with Danny with the calculations.
  • Try and test the polyphonic audio output. If it is not successful, we will move on to using multiple speakers to create multiple tones at once.